7 Steps to A Clean Washing Machine
22 Nov 16
Yes a washing machine needs washing too.
Washing machines get dirty just like anything else in your house.
By giving your washing machine a clean occasionally you will keep your washing machine clean and fresh, meaning your clothes are cleaner too.
What you need:
- A sponge
- ¼ cup of bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups of vinegar
What to do:
- 1. Mix the bicarbonate of soda and water together.
- 2. Pour the mixture in the section you place the detergent in your washing machine.
- 3. Pour the vinegar into the washing machine drum.
- 4. Set your washer for the longest cycle on the hottest water setting.
- 5. Once your washing machine has finished, while it is still wet, scrub any mould or residue from the inside and outside of your washing machine.
- 6. If you feel like you need more product to help remove mould or residue, use some vinegar on your sponge to help agitate.
- 7. Run a short cycle with hot water through your machine when you are finished to make sure all the ingredients have been washed away.
Your washing machine is now clean!
Do this occasionally to keep your washing machine in the best working condition to prolong the life of the machine and ensure the best clean for your clothes.