5 Easy Steps to Clean Your Dishwasher
22 Nov 16
Cleaning your dishwasher might sound strange because you would think that your dishwasher would be clean all the time.
It cleans your dishes so wouldn’t it be clean already?
However a dishwasher does get dirty and does need a clean from time to time.
A dishwasher can be full of soap scum, food and grease leaving your dishwasher to not work as well as it should. Plus, each time you wash your dishes this grease and grime could be going back onto your plates and cutlery.
By washing your dishwasher every 6 months or so you will keep your dishwasher clean and fresh, making it healthy for you and your family.
What you need:
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 cup Baking Soda
What to do:
- Get down on your hands and knees and check the drain. You could be surprised what you find there. The most common thing that can clog a dishwasher and stop it from running to full capacity is bits of food in the drain.
Remove anything that could be clogging the drain.
- Place 1 cup of vinegar on the top shelf of your dishwasher in a dishwasher safe cup.
- Run the dishwasher with no dishes on a full cycle on the hottest temperature possible. This helps to remove any grease or grime and helps to sanitise the dishwasher.
- Once the cycle has finished, sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda onto the bottom of the dishwasher.
- Run your dishwasher on a hot short cycle.
- Your dishwasher is now clean and sanitised
- Remember to do this every 6 months or so to ensure your dishwasher is in the best working condition.