Quick Tips for Maintaining Your Rug and Carpet
22 Nov 16
A rug can change the look and feel of a room.
They are a place to sit and read, watch movies, or play board games.
A rug provides colour and comfort and are an investment that you want to look after.
For rugs to last years they need to be maintained.
Here are some quick tips on how you can maintain the look and feel of your rug.
Why it’s important to clean your rug and carpet:
- Your rug or carpet could contain up to 4 times its weight in dirt
- Your rug or carpet could be 4,000 times dirtier than your toilet seat
- You carpet may contain:
- Dust mites
- Pet hair and urine
- Dead skin cells
- Pollen grains
- Volatile organic compounds
- 90% of people admit to spilling food on the carpet and eating it.
- 75% of people admit to walking on their carpets while wearing their outdoor shoes.
- 70% of people admit to moving furniture around to cover stains in their carpets rather than clean the stains.
- 4 in 10 people have never had their carpet professionally cleaned.
- Vacuum your rug regularly
- Flip rug upside down once a month and shake out any dirt trapped down the bottom.
- Vacuum underneath your rug once a month
- Rotate your rug to even out wear and tear.
- When moving your rug, make sure your roll not fold the rug.
- Brush out pet hair.
- The Carpet Cleaning Institute of Australia recommends a professional carpet clean every 12-18 months.