How to clean your window sills, tracks and fly screens
22 Nov 16
Every house has windows and every window needs cleaning.
It can be a time consuming task that no one likes to do but it is a task that is worth doing every 6 months.
Follow these easy steps to help you clean your window sills, tracks and fly screens.
What you need:
- Garden hose
- Mild detergent
- Old toothbrush or small scrubbing brush
- Soft scrubbing brush
- Paper towel or sponge
What to do:
- 1. Remove fly screen from the window and lay outside flat or against a wall.
- 2. Rinse the fly screen using a garden hose on a medium pressure setting.
- 3. Scrub the fly screen on both sides with a soft bristle brush.
- 4. Rinse fly screen with water.
- 5. While the fly screens are drying, vacuum the window tracks and sills to pick up all the loose dust and dirt.
- 6. Use an old tooth brush or small scrubbing brush to help loosen hard dirt.
- 7. Vacuum the window sill again.
- 8. Spray all-purpose cleaning product in the window track and window sill. Wipe clean.
- 9. Once the fly screen is dry you can place it back on.
Windows should be cleaned about twice a year to stop any build up that is hard to remove later on.